95.1 SHINE-FM BASIC CONTEST RULES:
The following constitutes Basic Contest Rules for any/all 95.1 SHINE-FM contests, both on and off-air, or on the 95.1 SHINE-FM web site. Each contest may have its own special restrictions or qualifications, in which case an addendum to these rules will be included.
1) All 95.1 SHINE-FM contests are open to any/all 95.1 SHINE-FM listeners age eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates.
2) All contests conducted by 95.1 SHINE-FM are open to U.S. residents only.
3) Odds of receiving a prize from 95.1 SHINE-FM will depend on the number of qualified entries.
4) All contest entries become the sole property of 95.1 SHINE-FM. Furthermore, 95.1 SHINE-FM may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
5) Only one (1) prize per household within any thirty (30) day period. Employees of 95.1 SHINE-FM, the Peter and John Radio Fellowship, Inc., its program sponsors, advertisers, advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6) By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant 95.1 SHINE-FM exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
7) All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
8) Any valuation of a prize is based on available information provided to 95.1 SHINE-FM, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security Number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from 95.1 SHINE-FM will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9) By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against 95.1 SHINE-FM, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. If required by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates, winners must sign a liability release prior to receiving their prize.
10) Prizes will be mailed either first, second, or third class U.S. Mail at the discretion of 95.1 SHINE-FM. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibly of the winners to provide 95.1 SHINE-FM with a current and correct mailing address. 95.1 SHINE-FM is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace, any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
11) If the winner is instructed by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates to personally pick up their prize, it must be claimed within thirty (30) calendar days of winning. Upon pick-up of prize, proper picture identification (i.e. valid driver's license, passport) from the winner is required. Prizes must be picked up at the 95.1 SHINE-FM studios between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
12) At certain times, winners may be instructed by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates to pick up their prize at a separate location (ex. concert tickets may be picked-up at a will-call window). Upon request, 95.1 SHINE-FM will provide directions and pick-up times to winners.
13) 95.1 SHINE-FM will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty (30) day time frame. All unclaimed prizes after thirty (30) days will automatically be forfeited. 95.1 SHINE-FM is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty (30) day pick-up period.
14) Under “unique circumstances”, a representative designated by the winner will be allowed to accept the prize for them. Written authorization from the winner, include representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winners valid driver’s license is required. 95.1 SHINE-FM will qualify what constitutes a “unique circumstance”.
15) In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. 95.1 SHINE-FM then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
16) 95.1 SHINE-FM may substitute another prize of equal value in the event of non-availability of a prize.
17) 95.1 SHINE-FM is not responsible for any defective prizes.
18) Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. 95.1 SHINE-FM disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond 95.1 SHINE-FM’s control, or otherwise. 95.1 SHINE-FM disclaims all liability for and delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Entries must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted. 95.1 SHINE-FM is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures of any kind including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congtestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. In the case of a dispute, the decision of 95.1 SHINE-FM and the Peter & John Radio Fellowship is final.
19) 95.1 SHINE-FM reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, 95.1 SHINE-FM will resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules and 95.1 SHINE-FM’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by 95.1 SHINE-FM and are final. 95.1 SHINE-FM may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
20) 95.1 SHINE-FM, the Peter and John Radio Fellowship, Inc., its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests conducted by 95.1 SHINE-FM.
21) The conduct of 95.1 SHINE-FM contests is governed by the applicable laws of the state of Maryland, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. 95.1 SHINE-FM and the Peter and John Radio Fellowship shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc., as required by local and state law.
22) 95.1 SHINE-FM may amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. 95.1 SHINE-FM disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of a contest. Basic Contest Rules and addenda are available for review during regular business hours (9AM – 4PM) at the 95.1 SHINE-FM offices located at 3500 Commerce Drive, Baltimore, MD, 21227. A copy of the rules can be requested through the mail by calling 410-247-4100 or via email email@example.com.